+16

Though you appreciate when people are mindful of your feelings, it's slightly annoying when people continuously apologize for saying something "offensive" to you if you didn't take offense to the remark in the first place. Amirite?

Wunderscores avatar
0 4
The voters have decided that Wunderscore is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Just in case anyone cares about my what "inspired me" to make this post:

A teacher of mine sometimes makes comments about tall people (like that society often views tall women as masculine). I, being the tallest person in the class and a girl, don't happen to find this even remotely offensive. The teacher, I guess, feels guilty about it, and apologizes repeatedly and/or talks about supermodels. I find this part to be far more embarrassing than the original comment.

Wunderscores avatar Wunderscore Yeah You Are 0Reply

I get what you mean
although I understand why they're doing so

I also may do that to people wary smilie
my intentions
and I'm sure their's too
are honest

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are 0Reply
@fuzala I get what you mean although I understand why they're doing so I also may do that to people my...

Oh, I'm almost certain that this teacher and others I've seen do this have good intentions and are genuinely apologetic. But since I have pretty thick skin, it feels like they're putting unnecessary attention on the issue which wasn't even an issue at all.

Wunderscores avatar Wunderscore Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Wunderscore Oh, I'm almost certain that this teacher and others I've seen do this have good intentions and are genuinely...

yeah I definitely agree with that

it's uncomfortable too
because you don't think they should be feeling bad in the first place

there's a line
and it's hard for people to figure out where that line is for each person since it differs from individual to individual

so we sorta form this cookie cutter line based off of our experiences
and use that to react to pretty much everyone we don't know well

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +2Reply