-3

What the United States has become is a disgrace to what it was supposed to be, amirite?

AtheisticMystics avatar Politics
0 7
The voters have decided that AtheisticMystic is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

As hard as the founding fathers tried to make a good government, I'm sure they knew the Constitution wasn't perfect, and that the United States wouldn't last forever. It's only a matter of time.

@As hard as the founding fathers tried to make a good government, I'm sure they knew the Constitution wasn't...

I'm sure they knew that, too. But if we actually followed the guidelines that the founding fathers laid out and made real what they envisioned for our country, we would truly have the greatest nation in the history of the world. For example, political parties. The founding fathers, mainly George, detested the idea of political parties, and for good reason. In the news today I heard that the parties "came together" to draft some new legislation. Stating that they came together shouldn't be necessary. They are a single congressional body, they should always be together.
Sorry for the rant...I'm sure that was more than you expected in response.

I believe it was always a debacle. There has been greed, corruption and mismanagement from day one. It is one of those things that looks good on paper but will never work in practice.

What was it supposed to be?

All great (and America is far from great) things has to come to an end sometime.

@BlindMist What was it supposed to be? All great (and America is far from great) things has to come to an end sometime.

It was supposed to be land free of government tyranny where everyone can do their own thing. I realize that tyranny is a very over-dramatic word to describe the current situation, but we're getting closer and closer to that point. The federal government was supposed to be as small as possible with very clear boundaries. Now the federal government has their hands in everything.

@AtheisticMystic It was supposed to be land free of government tyranny where everyone can do their own thing. I realize that tyranny...

I see your point.

America has really gone downhill. Trillions in debt, fighting wars based on lies, lying to her citizens, letting Israel control her, no justice. Can't say that I'm surprised that America's not what it was meant to be.

@BlindMist I see your point. America has really gone downhill. Trillions in debt, fighting wars based on lies, lying to her...

What it was meant to be is too inconsistent with human nature to be realistic. No country is ever that good because every country is run by humans, and no humans are that good.