+36

No matter how sophisticated computers become, they will never be mistaken for humans unless we can teach them to lie.

Assuming high sophistication and near androidism, science fiction often predicts robot-like computers that could act "almost" human. But ask one, "are you a machine?" If it can not lie, you cannot be fooled into believing it is human.

VicZincs avatar Technology
1 4

I don't know

the ways computers "think" seems really rigid
you miss one forward slash and it doesn't recognize what you're looking for

it'd suck if we thought like that
well all the time I mean wary smilie

@fuzala I don't know the ways computers "think" seems really rigid you miss one forward slash and it doesn't recognize...

That's because computers are sophisticated devices used for calculation and automation.
If they could think, they could make mistakes, and they'd probably serve poorly this initial purpose (especially as our IA technology is not very mature).

Somewhat true :

All normal humans lie at some point.
If an entity cannot lie, its behaviour will be seen as not matching that of a normal human.
Therefore it will be viewed either as not human, or as a human with a disorder affecting his capacity to lie (that probably exists).
But as not every human lies on a regular basis, and the point of lie being that's it's unnoticed, the computer could certainly go as a human for a while.

And by "sophisticated computer", I assume you are talking about a computer that is evolved towards artificial intelligence ; as being intelligent is not the primary goal of a computer.

Ouch

tags avatar tag Agree 0Reply