Has Human Cloning already happened? Not natural identical twins, but laboratory in vitro human cloning? And if it has, is it right?

Animals & Nature
1 16

No, it hasn't. And as soon as we sort out the health problems with clones, I don't think it would be wrong to clone a human.

@Frank_n_Furter No, it hasn't. And as soon as we sort out the health problems with clones, I don't think it would be wrong to clone...

I guess it'd be fun if I could see a true doppelganger but... Well, it's scary. What if the clone evolves and can think for its very self causing it to become evil and take over the original man's life?! It'd make fraud and framing and who-knows-what and what-knows-who so much easier...

@Orangies I guess it'd be fun if I could see a true doppelganger but... Well, it's scary. What if the clone evolves and can...

A clone of you would simply have your DNA. It would be like if an identical twin of yours was born right now. Of course clones can think for themselves, just as identical twins don't share one mind.. And your clone would be born as a baby, not a full grown replica of you. So it would be hard to take over the life of someone 20 years your senior. You should fear identical twins more, when it comes to that. Obviously both fears are unreasonable.

I use clones of humans as test subjects, and all I can say is: 10/10 would clone again.

I don't understand humanity sometimes. We try to promote "natural" things like organic food and not polluting the atmosphere with CO2 emissions, then we go and do unnatural things like try to clone ourselves or bring back extinct species.

@StickCaveman I don't understand humanity sometimes. We try to promote "natural" things like organic food and not polluting the...

But what defines natural and unnatural? Who's to say that anything humans do isn't natural? Just because we're the most advanced species, that doesn't mean we aren't part of nature. Is a beaver dam unnatural? No? Then why is something a different species builds with the resources around them considered so?

@qwerty123 But what defines natural and unnatural? Who's to say that anything humans do isn't natural? Just because we're the...

That's pretty much what I was saying... it seems the trend is to eat natural foods and "save" the environment but some of the same people who do this stuff also want to clone things. I wasn't saying any of it was unnatural but that some people need to make their minds up on what they think is "natural". I actually completely agree with your statement.

Although I don't agree with human cloning, I think the fact we could bring back extinct species is good. Yeah, sure, the health problems and shit, but it's a great way to learn even more about our past. I don't, however, like the idea of letting extinct animals roam the Earth as a revived species, but would rather use them as my ticket to the past and possibly even the future.

As long as there is a legit reason for doing it. Im not against it nor really with it.

I don't know if it has or hasn't, but if it has, congrats to mankind; Science, bitch!