Is what we pursue truly more vital than what we need?

I pursue art as forms of dance and music.
I pursue psychology, anthropology and even astrology.

but I need certain knowledge which will attribute to my survival.
Business.

Dreams sounds nice. promising. successful. or at least some what 'enjoyable'
but have you ever thought...
How, on your journey to obtain such dream, that you might bother, annoy and hurt people?
What if your reality is not so promising and has tons of obstacles?
Would you still pursue your dreams?

So... I ask
Is it truly worthy enough to abandon your reality for your dreams?

Image for post Is what we pursue truly more vital than what we need?
alex55s avatar Jokes & Humour
1 7

It depends. What if one pursues what they need? But one can need what they don't pursue, and vice-versa.

But sometimes, people pursue things they emotionally need, rather than need what is needed in essential human life.

Like I pursue literature. But do I need it to live, or do I need if to be happy as a human being?

Like I said, it depends.

But then again...

What we need essentially and emotionally can benefit us both ways. Sometimes.

I want to write, and writing makes me happy. I can earn money ans get a job by writing. Money gets me food, shelter, clothing, etc....

How can anything be more vital than something we absolutely need, without being considered another thing we need?

The answer is doomed to be no, so I don't really see any subjectivity to it.

@Watchful_questioneer Would you care to explain why?

Because typing with a phone is hard for me, read my comment. It explains how the object in which one is pursuing has a role in what they may or may not need.

I hope it does, at least. If not, feel free to go on about how much of an idiot I am...

@Orangies Because typing with a phone is hard for me, read my comment. It explains how the object in which one is pursuing...

I'm not going to call you an idiot because I don't think you are.

I still do, however, see a flaw in your logic. I'm saying that vitality can reach a point where something can not be more vital than something else, because whatever thing something is vital for would completely fail without it. For humans, it's food, so one can safely say that there is nothing more important for humans than food, though other things like water may be equally vital. If what we need as humans is at that peak of vitality, how can anything else surpass it?