When is it right for a girl to have an abortion?

Most African people frown upon the very thought of abortion, but sometimes it is the only viable option. I recently heard a story from the 1994 Rwandan Genocide about a young woman of 20 who was reaped by a gang of 5 Hutu militia men. They forced her family to watch and then forced her to watch as they executed all her 7 family. Her baby brother of 2 was killed with multiple blows to the head with a crude wooden club. She conceived.....a handsome young man of 18 lives alone with his Mum. They keep to themselves mostly because the family of the boy is not known and that of the mother cant stand the boy. Now they judge her silently, no words just indifference and some form of malevolence, at every family gathering the two attend. The mother sometimes cries silently and hates God for prolonging her nightmare of persecution..sometimes she wonders if she is being punished for being stubborn. No man will marry her, so she has reconciled herself to living alone. Shut away from society and without the comfort of family..she has only her dear son who reminds her of so much pain she weeps all the time. The boy fears to ask his mother why he causes her so much pain..

Image for post When is it right for a girl to have an abortion?
Politics
0 38

Whenever she feels like it's necessary.

Why does any comment that suggests a woman should choose when to have an abortion downvoted? It's not like aborting a fetus is a simple solution to seek. They take careful decision and can cost from $350 to $900 for an in-clinic procedure. People tend to think that women are just fickle, irresponsible sluts for no real reason, that any woman at any moment would think, "I hate babies--abort this pl0x XDDDD." If a woman proceeds with an abortion, you better believe that she fully understands the consequences of the abortion.

And being pregnant is not something that will keep a guy tied to his one-night-stand. If abstinence was not the only major form of contraception taught to the newly sexually active, if safe abortion clinics were made available to ANY woman in need for the past fifty years, female breadwinners would not make up such a large portion of the family demographic.

We need to stop running America like a patriarchy and start running it like every vote is accounted for.

Whenever she damn well pleases.

Whenever she pleases.

A man though? That'd just be immoral.

@Len Whenever she pleases. A man though? That'd just be immoral.

I agree, it would be totally immoral for a man to have an abortion.
What treachery.

@Operator_X I agree, it would be totally immoral for a man to have an abortion. What treachery.

I'm lost as to why you got upvoted for retelling my joke and I've not been upvoted for telling it in the first place.

When she doesn't want to carry a little demon in her body for nine months and pop it out...

Anytime she wants, as long as there is no reasonable way of suggesting the foetus is self-aware.

During the 1st trimester unless the mother's health is at risk.

@Frank_n_Furter During the 1st trimester unless the mother's health is at risk.

I agree. After the first trimester I am a lot less comfortable with it.

Never during the third trimester.

Whenever they do not want to have a baby and are pregnant.

This is the 4th post I've seen about abortion today, and there's another one right under this one. What's going on?

When she doesn't want to be pregnant.

only when it's absolutely necessary like when she is pregnant and no longer wants to be

When the baby is going to be ugly. That's why they always have the boiling water prepared with home births.

When she decides it's right. It is not up to you to decide whether she has the baby or not, or even if she has the right to have an abbortion. Because in some cases the baby is better off not being born at all

Whenever they want. It is up to the girl to decide. In my opinion, people don't have the right to frown upon a girl for having an abortion, because of complications (if she had the baby, she and/or the baby would die). If they are not fit to be a mother, or do not want the baby for whatever reason (i.e. rape) I think that it would be a good decision to put the baby up for adoption, but it is the girls choice whether or not she wants to have an abortion, because it is her body. The adoption agency is not great and I get that more than half of the kids get bounced from home to home and are then kicked out on the streets, so it;s the mothers choice.

It's never right to murder an unborn child!

Right after she gives birth.

Honestly, never. I would understand if she was raped, but if not, she should fess up and take responsibility. I think that if there were no possible way you could raise a child if you were to conceive, don't do the ONLY thing that can make you pregnant. Just wait. And even if you do conceive and can't handle the child, give it up for adoption. Sure, the adoption agency is horrible, but there is a chance that that child could end up in a loving family and have a great life. But who are you to end the child's life just because you made a mistake? Every action has an equal and opposite reaction right?

@Fanatic Honestly, never. I would understand if she was raped, but if not, she should fess up and take responsibility. I...

Giving birth to a child shouldn't be treated as a 'lesson'- when someone accidentally shoots themselves do you deny them treatment because 'it's their fault'? Banning abortion is a horrible idea and no one wins in that scenario- the woman is forced to have an unwanted child which will no doubt take a huge emotional, physical and financial toll on her while the child is born into a world where they are unwanted and not provided with a loving, stable environment. "Sure, the adoption agency is horrible, but there is a chance that that child could end up in a loving family and have a great life" Yeah but realistically they won't be- the majority of kids bounce from home to home until they are of age and then tossed out to fend for themselves- there are already millions of orphaned kids. Why would you force a women to bring a child into this world knowing that's what's most likely going to happen to them? The funny thing about 'pro-lifers' is that the only 'life' they care about is that of a fetus' which isn't even alive as opposed to the women and children who are affected by this. You want to talk about taking responsibility? The only thing you seem to worry about is bringing babies into this world and don't care to think about the consequences.

@rowanne Giving birth to a child shouldn't be treated as a 'lesson'- when someone accidentally shoots themselves do you deny...

I never said we should ban abortion. I actually believe abortion clinics should be easily available to everyone. Just because I don't believe its right doesn't mean I would make it illegal because women obviously would get one whether it's legal or not. I think we should definitely make it safer and accessible. I just don't think it's right at all.

Rape... That's it.

Whenever she wants. Abortions for all. Fuck it, make them mandatory.

In your explanation, how is the family judging the woman if they were executed before her eyes before the child was even conceived?

Anytme she wishes to as long as the child had no chance of survival outside the womans womb. ( Meaning if he is fine in an incubator or whatever its called she shouldnt get an abortion)

@Originality_is_Dead That doesn't sound much like "Anytime she wishes," to me...

No but like she had 8 months to decide if the baby can live on its own without her. Aborting the baby after that is murder it is not her body anymore she can get a c section whatever but its like killing a born child. If its for health reason again she can get the baby out already and recover aborting the baby at this stage is usless

Anonymous