+43

It's quite disappointing that when the most highly respected religious authority in the world tries to bring a little tolerance and brotherly love into the church, his subordinates immediately strike it down, amirite?

The pope recently said that everyone, even atheists, can achieve salvation if they do good. Jesus' sacrifice was for everyone and He redeemed us all, including atheists. And everyone else in the Vatican has decided that the pope didn't really mean what he said; no one can be saved without believing in Jesus. He's trying to drag the Catholic church into the 21st century and they're fighting him every step of the way. Keep it up, Francis. You da man.

Atheists in heaven? Vatican spin machine leaps into actionRemember back in the '80s when Ronald Reagan would ramble on in front of a crowd, saying all kinds of crazy shit? And immediately after, the reporters would turn to his handlers, who would explain ...http://scholarsandrogues.com/2013/05/24/atheists-in-heaven-vatican-spin-machine-leaps-into-action/
AtheisticMystics avatar Religion
1 4
The voters have decided that AtheisticMystic is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I'm an atheist and I still think Pope Francis is a chill dude. He's extremely humble which I think is really good for the Church.

If the Church wants more followers, they're gonna have to face the fact that they need to change a few things, otherwise they will slowly die out because people won't follow archaic rules.

brunetterox915s avatar brunetterox915 Yeah You Are +6Reply
@brunetterox915 I'm an atheist and I still think Pope Francis is a chill dude. He's extremely humble which I think is really good...

I know! He doesn't take advantage of all the perks of being the pope. He wears traditional garments, none of that flashy pope-uniform junk. He seems to be very tolerant and loving of everyone, rather than condemn non-Catholics to hell. He is quite a guy. I hope he holds this post for a long time.

AtheisticMystics avatar AtheisticMystic Yeah You Are +4Reply

Well that's a shame, devouts can be so doltish sometimes.. Never thought I'd say this, but way-to-go Pope!