What games did you play as a child and how did they develop your skills, which skills or how did they affect your adult life?

Most of us have played either monopoly, chess, scrabble, risk, make-believe or play-pretend.
One of my favourite teen-games was a single-player where you create a character, chose a class and are released from prison on a mission to explore the world and in the end - get rid of Dagoth Ur, a deamon lurking in a cave. In this game you can join guilds (tradesmen, warriors etc), societies and Houses. You can join all the guilds, but not all houses, unless you download a modification that allows you to do that, and other things. You can also make your own modifications. I played the game for months, downloading mods, making my own, trying all combinations, testing them to see what the result would be.
In a game expansion that came later the character that you've created is taken to a new world to explore, but not before its strenght is tested by a secret society that represents this world.
It was a beautiful, though a bit crude game if you compare it to what is now available on the market.
Back to my question: what games did you play as a child or teen and how did they develop your skills, which skills or how did they affect or helped you in your adult life?

Games
0 0
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!