+11

Why am I uncomfortable with google search yielding only youtube videos? Used to be all video online, but this recently changed.

I've used google for years, as I'm sure you have as well, to search all sorts of multimedia for research or entertainment. Up until recently when you searched google for video content, it would bring in a diverse assortment of video from any place hosted to the public. But now it just searches youtube for video content. Is there an alternative search for all video now? If not, I'm worried about the diversity of content available to myself and others.

Image for post Why am I uncomfortable with google search yielding only youtube videos? Used to be all video online, but this recently changed.
Internet & Apps
1 1

Google has become the almighty, and too big for their own britches. They are limiting the yield of results and not giving everything that is out there or available. They use selective result giving now. I have seen it too and read a little about it. They are also getting deeper in cahoots with government and what they share with them.
I am starting to use alternative search engines that are more private and don't "mine" your information. StartPage is one. If things continue in the direction they are headed, free press, media, and speech will no longer be.