+6

It's not right that a father tells his own teenage daughter that she's fat, amirite?

BetterThanEzra1119s avatar
0 3
The voters have decided that BetterThanEzra1119 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

What if she is though? It could develop into a serious health problem if the girl is eating constantly, not exercising, and simply spiraling into a life filled with terrible health habits. Better to be told the truth from someone that cares about you than to never realize it yourself. (By the way, I'm guessing that you wrote this post with respect to self-esteem issues of perfectly healthy girls, not ones that are actually overweight. I'm just pointing out an exception.)

@Altoid_Freak_250 What if she is though? It could develop into a serious health problem if the girl is eating constantly, not...

Yes, I understand that situation. However, I am 5'4 and 116 pounds. I have a healthy BMI. I am not overweight, and the fact that my parents see me as overweight does not make sense to me.

@BetterThanEzra1119 Yes, I understand that situation. However, I am 5'4 and 116 pounds. I have a healthy BMI. I am not overweight, and...

Yeah, your BMI's perfectly healthy. I'm sorry that your parents do not see that. My parents do the same thing. I would suggest trying to show them that your weight's fine if you haven't already, and if they still don't get it, just ignore them. They might just be concerned that you'll develop unhealthy habits later, as a lot of teens do.