+3

If religious people's lives are so blessed then you'd think they could just shut their mouths and open their senses and enjoy it, just live and let live.

It seems to me like god is mostly a means to an end and a form of control to most religious people. They project their own malcontentment onto the mysteries of life and personify any force with an imagined graciousness or evil. They use the empty spaces of what they refuse to know better about as some space in between the lines where they inject their own personal hatred and insecurities when they are unnerved or made foolish by something. When something is good for them they make it conceited by saying it is a gift to them from the master of the frickin universe. Why can't they stop?

Image for post If religious people's lives are so blessed then you'd think they could just shut their mouths and open their senses and enjoy it, just live and let live.
TaNtricLuNarMoNkey3s avatar Life
0 4

you don't know most religious people
(your explanation says "to most religious people")

WBC is not a representation of most religious people

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree +1Reply
@fuzala you don't know most religious people (your explanation says "to most religious people") WBC is not a...

Forgive me for any specific people I may not have considered. I was referring to a rather large general lump sum of people. I don't personally know all religious people to make such a generalization on, but I do know that most of the ones who choose to make themselves outspoken maintain a bigoted status and always seem to be on a witch hunt.. I know a lot of religious people get a bad wrap, but I'm not talking about the ones who are kind and at peace and not fighting innocent unimposing people for domination.

@TaNtricLuNarMoNkey3 Forgive me for any specific people I may not have considered. I was referring to a rather large general lump sum of...

well the media does love to film train-wrecks wary smilie
maybe that's how some get all that attention hehe smilie

so the other chunks fall under the radar

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree +1Reply

Even though I believe in God, I hear you loud and clear. I am sort of an outsider among the kind that wear the label I possess. I have been thoroughly involved on the inside of the church and religious community and on the outside now for about 14 years. And your overall big picture point is correct. I am not sure where your picture for the post came from, but I highly doubt that those children have the slightest clue about what those signs say and/or mean. They are simply pawns being used by the adults of some nutty church group. And that is completely wrong. I have challenged many of the very things I was raised believing and don't think it was all correct or right. But the "form of control" is right on the money because you are raised to never ask questions or challenge what you are taught in strict religious circles. And that is a big danger and weakness that I see and experienced by being involved with such.