How young is too young to voice opinions on how our country should be run?

I want to know if people think that is too young to have opinions on how our country should be run. I know there will be people who refer to the voting age as a valid restriction and it is. However, I want to know now people's answers and reasons differ from mine. Also if people agree that my generation ( at least that responsible ones) should be included in the talks about the MASSIVE amount of debt that this country has since we and our children will be living with it.

Image for post How young is too young to voice opinions on how our country should be run?
Life
1 23

You can voice your opinion about how the country is run from the day you can speak. Opinions are just that - opinions.

It's not about age. It's about how much you know and how much you care. And maturity, of course. I'm 16 and I'm very interested in my economy and government. I think someone should be able to have a say if they have an understanding.

It has nothing to do with age: it's when you understand the basic fundamentals of government and how it works.

you should begin voicing your opinions as soon as you have them? Even if you're four years old your opinions are valid, possibly misguided and in need of correction, but valid.

And when i say in need of correction I don't mean they should be told they're wrong, just that there is more information that they probably weren't considering. Children are pretty smart.

@death_or_glory you should begin voicing your opinions as soon as you have them? Even if you're four years old your opinions are...

Yet sometimes if you're too young, your opinions are only your parents opinions. They have yet to be "corrected" by society.
I've only ever met democratics, so I thought that to be a decent human being, the only way was to be part of that blue vote. My grandmother is a republican, but she's like "one of those" grandparents. When I was 13, I met a now very good friend of mine, who I thought was crazy and hell bound. But he made numerous valid points. Today, I'm not either extreme. And I feel more well rounded. He figured out that he's a republican when he was about 10, and I don't know which party I'd go with, but I feel like I do have properly formed opinions about some aspects of my government.

Depends. I'm twelve, yet I am understanding of the fact that our country's government is full of crap. I think that as long as you're at an age where you can fully process everything and give an educated, reasonable opinion about it, then you're most likely old enough.

@Orangies Depends. I'm twelve, yet I am understanding of the fact that our country's government is full of crap. I think that...

That is not a fact, that is an opinion. That you don't like the way the government is run or the people who run it, doesn't mean that's how it objectively is.

@brunetterox915 That is not a fact, that is an opinion. That you don't like the way the government is run or the people who run it...

I never truly said that it was a fact. But for lack of explanation, allow me to counter-argue your reply.

Yes, some of what the government does I do appreciate, yet you do have to take into consideration everything else. I'm not going to give you an entire list but, well, you get the point anyways.

Also, I have never said I didn't like the people who run it. I simply said the government itself, as in the actions that it does. Even if I did say that, why is it a problem? It's not like my opinion is going to matter to anyone anyways.

By the way, what does that have to do with the topic in and of itself? You're just bashing on my opinion of the American government. Really, I hate it when others don't respect another's opinion. Geez. -_-"

@Orangies I never truly said that it was a fact. But for lack of explanation, allow me to counter-argue your reply. Yes...

I wasn't disrespecting your opinion at all! I regret that it sounded that way.

It's just that you said "I am understanding of the fact that the government is full of crap." I was simply pointing out that that's not a fact, that's an opinion, and I don't disagree with you sometimes.

I was replying to your comment, not necessarily commenting on the topic.

And again, I'm sorry that it sounded like I was being disrespectful because I promise I wasn't trying to be.

I honestly don't think it's about age. Of course, most kids under 12 or so don't have an interest in politics. But if someone is well-informed and mature enough to understand the issues, their opinion should matter. I'm 17, but I don't think I'm well-informed enough on several issues, so I usually avoid discussing them.

It's hard to place an age on it, because people can be idiotic, extreme and brash even in their most advanced years. The question shouldn't be about how old the person has to be, but rather how we learn to react to the opinions of others on how the country should be run

everybody's opinion matters

@azri everybody's opinion matters

It's not about the opinion but about the person at the other end of it. If you don't think an opinion matters, then it doesn't matter. So if somebody says something derogatory towards me, am I going to think their opinion matters? Of course not.

@azri everybody's opinion matters

This is the perfect site to say that now, apparently.

The age at which you, yourself has known and seen every view of who runs the country or of the problem you want to change.

24 - The average human doesn't begin to reason until 25. Unreasonable people rely on emotions and very often, votes based on emotions enslave us.

@tyrannyvigilant 24 - The average human doesn't begin to reason until 25. Unreasonable people rely on emotions and very often, votes...

the average human does begin reasoning at a very early age
gotta give credit to early childhood development

now that reasoning may be illogical
but not all of it is

even after age 25
people use illogical reasonings