+1

The NEW "Just In" feature on this site sucks. Amirite?

The OLD Just In that was in the Opinion column showed opinions that were just in. Now the new Just In column all by itself shows every new posting. I HATE it because I have to wade through tons of questions, puzzles, riddles, etc. just to find the kind of opinion posts that I want to really see. Just making changes to a site does NOT make it better. This site used to take suggestions and try to implement them. Now they are just making changes for themselves and not worried about the users liking them or not.

freespeechfreelancers avatar Internet & Apps
0 21
The voters have decided that freespeechfreelancer is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Theres a choice between opinions questions and everything on the side.
The fact everything is the default sucks.

@Skr3wBall Theres a choice between opinions questions and everything on the side. The fact everything is the default sucks.

On what side? Before, the Just In was in the Opinions column. Now there is a separate column that says Just In, but you cannot choose a category. When I click on Just In, all Just In posts show up.

@freespeechfreelancer On what side? Before, the Just In was in the Opinions column. Now there is a separate column that says Just In, but...

Top right under the profile.
Before there was just the just in section since questions never existed. But once that integrated they had to separate them and now they're together again.

@Skr3wBall Top right under the profile. Before there was just the just in section since questions never existed. But once that...

I guess I am clueless. I don't see anything like that. If I click on my username, there is no Just In under that. The least they could do when they make changes is send some kind of notification as to the changes made and how to use newer features. Some of us "old farts" don't catch on as quickly.

This post will probably get deleted. I have noticed that anything you say negative about Amirite is being removed. I came on last night and saw a post that said "What the hell has happened to this site?" As I was getting ready to comment on it, it got deleted right before my eyes! That was trippy.

@freespeechfreelancer This post will probably get deleted. I have noticed that anything you say negative about Amirite is being removed...

I can sort of understand why- it honestly makes it harder to enjoy the site. And not all changes are bad. I don't like what's happened to the community, not the site itself.

Also, once you change the default to "opinions", it stays that way until you change it again, so you don't have to every time.

@freespeechfreelancer I don't know how to do that! I am trying to understand.

When you go to the "just in" page, there are three buttons there maybe an inch below your profile name (to the top right of the screen) that give options for what posts appear on it for you. You can click "opinions" to filter out only that, and it will stay that way until you manually change it another time.

@Watchful_questioneer When you go to the "just in" page, there are three buttons there maybe an inch below your profile name (to the top...

Thank you very much. I just figured it out. Had to get off when we were talking last time. Appreciate the help. Little things mean a whole lot!

I absolutely hate how that is done. Instead of replying to our feedback and asking us for suggestions, they censor us. Just like that. Bam. Your post is gone. Never mind that you may have had a good comment or other form of input. Haha. Nope.

@Altoid_Freak_250 I absolutely hate how that is done. Instead of replying to our feedback and asking us for suggestions, they censor...

All suggestions sent to mods or support@amirite.com are considered. Nothing is censored unless it is offensive, spamming or the user is known to cause trouble

Feel free to msg me with any suggestions you have

Jamess avatar James No Way 0Reply
@James All suggestions sent to mods or support@amirite.com are considered. Nothing is censored unless it is offensive...

I have used the contact form to make suggestions, and none of my suggestions have ever been replied to or put into effect.

@Altoid_Freak_250 I have used the contact form to make suggestions, and none of my suggestions have ever been replied to or put into...

Yeah, they used to respond to mine, but don't now. They are getting their "big boy" pants now, so they don't need us little people any more!

It's kind of depressing that the changes don't even appeal to people who are new to the site and not just contrary due to nostalgia. .-.

I've had a tsunami of questions and riddles bombard the just in and home pages when i try and surf them.

@iEmily I've had a tsunami of questions and riddles bombard the just in and home pages when i try and surf them.

Yes, that is what was happening to me - and I did not want to read all that stuff to get to the opinions. What Watchful told me to do worked. By changing the default to Opinions, all the other stuff is filtered out and you just get Opinions.

@1927715

And you can. I did not like it and did not want it that way. Now I don't.