What do you think is an acceptable age difference between partners in a relationship?

BuddyCakess avatar Relationships
1 9

Depends, I'd say one year if you're in middle school. 1-3 years if you're in high school. And if you're over 18, well, doesn't matter xD

depends
you have 10 year old and a 30 year old
but if you age them 50 years
you have a 60 year old and 80 year old

so instead of the latter being 3 times the age of the former
the latter is now about 1.333 times the age of the former

Any age, really. To me, age really is just a number. Relationships are based on a number of other factors. I am only 20, but I would take a cool, interesting, and understanding 50 year old over an immature and dull 20 year old.

Age does have some links to many of those factors, but I do not believe age decides those factors. Physical factors are somewhat decided by age, sure, but the line blurs the older a person becomes. It also begs the question; would it be morally acceptable to have sex with a very, very young person whose physical and mental development were accelerated to make them seem older than they were? If so, age truly is just a number.

Since physical development is no longer a factor past 16 or 17, and psychological development is independent of age, I'd say two people of virtually any age could be in a relationship if they so choose.

@Mike_Hawk Any age, really. To me, age really is just a number. Relationships are based on a number of other factors. I am...

Yes, because a 3 year old and a 67 year old should TOTALLY be smooching it up.

Although I do agree with your overall idea, I think you should word it a little differently as you're implying that it doesn't matter how old you are, it's fine to be in a relationship.

@Orangies Yes, because a 3 year old and a 67 year old should TOTALLY be smooching it up. Although I do agree with your...

I thought that "since physical development is no longer a factor past(should have been passed) 16 or 17" would have taken care of that.

doesnt matter :3 age is just a number :))

Age is only a number. A true connection between 2 people is what is more important