+19

The disappearing post "feature" is getting on your nerves. Your human brain does not work the way Amirite wants it too. The fact is: you get excited about a post and vote - then you dream up a comment, or decide to favor the post - but now it is too effin' late! aaarrrrggghhhh!!!!!!!

VicZincs avatar
0 19

I don't think Amirite is listening to us any more. They are caught in their own little control game like so many of the social media sites have fallen prey to.

@freespeechfreelancer I don't think Amirite is listening to us any more. They are caught in their own little control game like so many of...

They listen to my feedback - you should give them a break. I think most of the changes have actually been for the best -especially the new designs. By just posting offensive stuff to moderators is just pointless. Also if you actually email them or a mod (especially James, Kira and Tribune) they always answer me

@bobbob They listen to my feedback - you should give them a break. I think most of the changes have actually been for the...

I am happy for you. I gather your post was not deleted like mine was. It may be pointless to you, but totally offensive to me. No individual or site should be able to censor or control my or your speech. I don't know why so many people don't get that. It is actually scary because so many people today actually believe that their words should and can be censored. Just because I say something deemed "offensive" by you, this site, or anyone else, does not mean you or they have the right to stop me from speaking. I could go through this site right now and find multiple items that I want to call "offensive" - so should I be able to just delete them? Of course not.
And I am not so ignorant that I would not have thought to write Amirite and/or a moderator. I did that as soon as it happened. Still no response from Amirite, and only politician double speak from the moderator I wrote.

You're absolutely right. I'm very disappointed with this site, especially since about a year ago it was amazing and thought-provoking. I'm thinking about leaving, but I'm still debating it.

So far only one post has disappeared after I voted. At first I thought you were all going crazy.

Edit: actualy nevermind, it came back. You're all crazy.

@ItsATrap So far only one post has disappeared after I voted. At first I thought you were all going crazy. Edit: actualy...

Yes it goes away for a while and comes back when the page refreshes. I believe the point is to "automatically" move you to a new post after you vote.

@VicZinc Yes it goes away for a while and comes back when the page refreshes. I believe the point is to "automatically"...

It looks like the "Just In" feature has been moved again. They had a separate column for it, and now it is hiding in another column. It is like something has changed every day.

@ItsATrap It was only the one though that's disappeared, all others stayed where they were.

It has really slowed down now. Even my feeble mind can process thoughts in the amount of time they give us.

If you go to the just-in or featured page and vote on a post, count slowly to 10 - I bet it will disappear.

For my next magic trick I am making you the top of the hall of fame tomorrow.

@VicZinc That should do it!

LOL. When you can't beat 'em, make fun of 'em. Might as well. I am still posting against them about deleting my "offensive" post. I think I will post it again just for the hell of it.

@VicZinc That should do it!

Holy notifications, Batman.

I noticed the timer has increased in length now to give us a chance to comment- I see why it exists though to encourage us to vote

Universes avatar Universe Disagree -2Reply
@Universe I noticed the timer has increased in length now to give us a chance to comment- I see why it exists though to...

I get it too. I would probably do the same if I was selling ad space. But...I keep forgetting to favor/home page, comment BEFORE I vote and it is frustrating as heck. I rarely favor posts anymore and I notice the score count on "Hall of Fame" is way lower than it was a few months ago. I am betting this has something to do with it. No one has time to hit the buttons.

@VicZinc I get it too. I would probably do the same if I was selling ad space. But...I keep forgetting to favor/home page...

Hall of Fame was sinking before the change actually
it was around the time there were a lot of bugs and a lot of users couldn't log on

Like Fuza said, that doesn't encourage me to vote. I'm just so disappointed at all the unnecessary changes that have been made to this site.

Also, administrators: can you not see that a majority of users do not like this change?! Could you please do something about it? If this is absolutely a necessary change, then just make it optional, like blind mode used to be.