+10

Your world is full of magic; you are fully experiencing life the way you have always dreamed of. It is a life full of adventures, where anything is possible. You have never felt so happy and loved. But then you find out that the universe you have been living in only exists within your mind and that your real body has have been locked into a comatose spell. If you can continue living this alternate life without any repercussions to you in the real world, you would decide not to return to the real world, amirite?

So in this hypothetical scenario: 1)Once you’ve made your choice there’s no going back 2)Real world- year now, everyone you personally knew vanished from the face of the earth, with no chance of ever returning 3)Your mind isn’t inventing the world around you as you go; a programmed universe was implanted into your mind 4)You wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between the living in the real world vs. the imaginary one, unless there are dragons and stuff 5)You can erase the memory of ever finding out the truth, or have your mind programmed to thinking that that world is real. So to put in in another way would you live an imaginary life as oppose to a real but unhappier life?

PopsicleSticks avatar Life
1 13
The voters have decided that PopsicleStick is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I get kinda paranoid of this sometimes.

This is such a great question. I do not know how to answer it.

@VicZinc This is such a great question. I do not know how to answer it.

Thanks. That's fine, I like making posts that make it hard for people to decide on whether they agree or disagree.

PopsicleSticks avatar PopsicleStick Yeah You Are 0Reply

the knowledge that it's not the "real world" makes me uncomfortable
even if it's just during the "moment of decision"

it's like a permanent happy dream
and I don't like that thought at all

side note:
this man had a dream
he was lucid dreaming
and he managed to make it feel like it was decades long
when it was only one night's sleep

@fuzala the knowledge that it's not the "real world" makes me uncomfortable even if it's just during the "moment of...

How about if you can erase that knowledge permanently and continue to think that it is real?

Wow, lucid dreaming can sure warp a person's perception of time.

@PopsicleStick How about if you can erase that knowledge permanently and continue to think that it is real? Wow, lucid dreaming...

yeah even then I wouldn't
as I said
during the moment of decision
I would know

I don't like erasing the memory part either
also another reason for me to decline

and although I don't enjoy my unhappy moments in real life
they're helpful

third reason would be that it's not genuine
the fakeness of it all bothers me

it's like those dystopic societies

fuzalas avatar fuzala No Way +2Reply
@fuzala yeah even then I wouldn't as I said during the moment of decision I would know I don't like erasing the memory...

Opps, must of missed that second line.

Would you come to the same decision if you found out this world wasn't real and all you know about the real world is that it sucked even more?

Is this a Supernatural reference to the Djinn because it sounds like it

BTW, how was The Matrix? I never saw it, but this sounds like what I've heard about it.

@1950726

we're all living a mediocre life
I would say