+20

Personally, I don't know why people don't believe in Aliens. I mean, they're basically life forms that live on a planet, science-wise. So... doesn't that make us Aliens?

Orangiess avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
1 7

A planet other than ours. An alien is someone from foreign land (like how an illegal alien comes from another country, legal aliens as well). Space aliens are things that a lot of people simply don't think exist.

@Skr3wBall A planet other than ours. An alien is someone from foreign land (like how an illegal alien comes from another...

Yeah, from another planet. But I am speaking hypothetically. It's one of those 'When you think about it...' situations. But I do think it's probable we could have space aliens. I mean, if Earth can have life, why can't other planets, possible outside of our solar system?

@Orangies Yeah, from another planet. But I am speaking hypothetically. It's one of those 'When you think about it...'...

It's totally possible. Some people just don't think it has happened. But we're not aliens, at least not from our perspective. We currently don't know if anyone considers aliens and we currently know of none so we're not aliens from any known point of view.

The OP said "science-wise" ...... but to my knowledge, science has not produced any credible or reliable information suggesting or proving life forms anywhere else in the universe.

@freespeechfreelancer The OP said "science-wise" ...... but to my knowledge, science has not produced any credible or reliable...

Well there are other galaxies just like ours, so why wouldn't there be a planet revolving a certain distance away from a star in that galaxy maintaining a survivable atmosphere and heat for life to evolve? I think it's totally possible.

@Skr3wBall Well there are other galaxies just like ours, so why wouldn't there be a planet revolving a certain distance away...

Possible? Maybe - but any science minded poster I have seen on this site is implicit on FACTS and PROOF - especially the visible kind (what can be seen with the eyes). Just to give an example - would you use the same logic, reasoning, rationale, and approach if I suggested the possibility of God's existence? Most people I talk to who won't even consider the concept of "God" have no problem entertaining the notion of "aliens," "vampires," "Bigfoot or Sasquatch," "ghosts," etc.
If science is going to be the standard of measure for ONE, then to be consistent, it must be the same when approaching any topic of questionable existence.

@freespeechfreelancer Possible? Maybe - but any science minded poster I have seen on this site is implicit on FACTS and PROOF -...

I can't use that to prove God because there is no proven existence of it. There is proof of live existing in one galaxy, so other galaxies have a chance of life being existent on it. Vampires, God, bigfoot, ghosts and others don't have a previous existence that can be proved, unlike life, they aren't comparable at all.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Disagree -1Reply