+31

Tools increase productivity NOT creativity, amirite?

LerrickSalass avatar People & Celebrities
0 6
The voters have decided that LerrickSalas is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Tools can inspire creativity in many ways. For example they allow more time to think and be creative. You'd have less time to, say, write a book if you had to wash your clothes in a river. You wouldn't be able to design a beautiful building if you had to tie sticks together to build it.

TRUCs avatar TRUC Yeah You Are 0Reply
@TRUC Tools can inspire creativity in many ways. For example they allow more time to think and be creative. You'd have...

True. I agree on that. I guess what I meant is you don't need to have all the brushes/tools in the world to create stuff. It is just that it annoys me when people say, "Oh when I learn photoshop better, I will be able to create fantastic art." and when you look at their art, they lack creativity. They think that their tools will make them more creative. Yes, tools may inspire you to create more complex designs but that comes from within you. Tools are only tools. Just because you know how to use them doesn't mean you'll be able to create a masterpiece.

LerrickSalass avatar LerrickSalas Yeah You Are +1Reply
@LerrickSalas True. I agree on that. I guess what I meant is you don't need to have all the brushes/tools in the world to create...

Glad I looked at the comments before voting. I was tossed between agree or disagree because I can see it both ways. But your comment here clarifies better and I agree. You can give a person paint and brushes but they may never paint anything of significance. Many tools do exist, but some are never productive with them, let alone being creative. Nice observation by OP.

True. The creativity has to be inside you. So no, tools don't increase creativity, but the can enhance and inspire it. Then, I guess that's true about anything though.

TRUCs avatar TRUC Yeah You Are +2Reply