What are the ways to help eradicate starvation in Africa?

Everyday there are so many people dying of starvation in Africa yet there are specific regions in Africa that food is abundant that they end up wasting because of no means to distribute.Food is thrown or given to animals but still somebody somewhere lives a whole week without a pint of water. So far African leaders,the government are so corrupt that the money received is used for their own benefit. I believe food security can be achieved by building warehouses that agricultural commodities can be stored in and not wasted. The dry regions could benefit from Irrigation and water projects so that they can do farming on their own. Many farmers fear selling their produce at a low price to the drought stricken areas. what are some of the marketing and trading strategies of their agricultural commodities be implemented to ensure they don't go at a loss and encourage them to do more farming? Together we can help eradicate starvation and ensure someone doesn't sleep hungry.

Image for post What are the ways to help eradicate starvation in Africa?
Countries & Places
0 4

Teaching abstinence would be a start.

As far as food distribution goes... how is it supposed to work? Is a person expected to take their half eaten sandwich and put it in a shipping container to be sent off to a starving village? Do we take the food that's about to expire and let them eat fowl food? I'm genuinely curious. Some people seem to think that all wasted food could just be packed up and shipped. That could prove to be dangerous.

Water is another issue. We could irrigate of course, but then an ecosystem is disturbed and could potentially start problems towards the drinking water of that area.

Well for one, I'd say to donate to a trusted charity. Although not much, charity really helps. You could also try and make more water wells in Africa, making it easier to raise crops in places that aren't completely dried out. I don't have much information, but I believe there's a lot you can do...

distribute skills

Giving them food might help.