+20

Just because someone poses nude in a photograph, it doesn't automatically make that photograph 'porn', amirite?

I've found that many Artistic Nude photographs are being pornography, especially on deviantART (a website that welcomes artists of all kinds, including artistic nude photographers) where they are submitted daily. I'm not saying I pose naked, nor do I take pictures of naked people, but there is a huge difference from taking a picture of a naked woman/man, to taking a picture of naked woman/man.

If you don't understand what I mean... I mean that being naked don't make someone a porn star. But doing specific tasks/poses/whatever can probably mean the opposite. End of discussion. I'm out.

Orangiess avatar Jokes & Humour
1 12
The voters have decided that Orangies is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

are you talking about when the people crosses their arms?
so some stuff gets covered

like in museums?

@fuzala are you talking about when the people crosses their arms? so some stuff gets covered like in museums?

Well, no all artistic nude models cover themselves, but that's pretty much a good example. I just like don't like how people assume that anything with naked people in it can be considered pornography.

Orangiess avatar Orangies Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Orangies Well, no all artistic nude models cover themselves, but that's pretty much a good example. I just like don't like...

well the definition of porn is
"obscene writings, drawings, photographs, or the like, especially those having little or no artistic merit. "

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pornography

if someone saw a statue in the museum and thought of it as obscene with little merit
then, for that person
it is porn

this would vary from person to person

so it wouldn't be them assuming it's porn
it would be their opinion that it is porn

@fuzala well the definition of porn is "obscene writings, drawings, photographs, or the like, especially those having...

Would a person sitting on a chair be considered obscene?

Although that is a fair argument, simple tasks such as sitting on chairs can instantly be considered porn when the model sits on a chair naked. That's basically where I was going.

@Orangies Would a person sitting on a chair be considered obscene? Although that is a fair argument, simple tasks such as...

depends on context

if I saw an adult sitting in a chair butt naked
I would consider it obscene

if it was a toddler sitting in a chair butt naked
I would think that was adorable

@fuzala depends on context if I saw an adult sitting in a chair butt naked I would consider it obscene if it was a...

Since we're now talking about the context, doesn't it also depend what a person is doing in that chair? If they're just regularly sitting on a chair while staring at the camera, could that truly be considered obscene? They aren't doing anything, they're just naked.

I would understand if someone who is nude is sitting on a chair doing something far more inappropriate, then yes, that would be considered porn.

If a person was naked and was professionally posing in an artistic way, I certainly wouldn't consider it obscene.

But if someone was standing there naked while showing themself off in an R-Rated way, then I would definitely consider that obscene. Do you understand where I'm coming from?

@Orangies Since we're now talking about the context, doesn't it also depend what a person is doing in that chair? If they're...

I understand where you're coming from in that the degree of obscenity would differ

the one in the chair doing nothing but sitting would be less obscene than one that was doing something more...provocative

I think the distinction you may be looking for is whether or not MONEY is involved and/or changes hands for the pictures. A naked person or a picture of them is just that - nudity. There are nude beaches and that is not considered porn. It is selling the nudity for profit that generally categorizes it as porn. The same would apply to having sex. Tons of teens and adults have sex every single day and it is not "wrong" or viewed as evil. But put a woman dressed to kill on a street corner trying to sell those same goods, and now it is considered prostitution.
Our government has a very odd way of deciding what is right or wrong and best for the masses - and more times than not, they are ONLY interested in how THEY can get in on the act and PROFIT from it themselves. The pattern I see them engaging in is criminalizing or going after things that a majority of people already participate in to begin with. By targeting certain actions or behaviors and calling them "illegal," they have an automatic steady flow of CASH. That truly is their bottom line.

Yea

Wwzbja12s avatar Wwzbja12 Yeah You Are 0Reply

Depends on the context. There's loads of "soft porn" sites that feature models posing nude. I guess what you're thinking of is "tasteful" or "art nudes" which to me are still considered to be soft porn. Most of the time a person 'posing' nude, or wearing sexual lingerie etc, is going to be porn.

Sites like - artlingerie.com are easily considered to be porn but I guess can be classed as tasteful. It's really a subjective thing.

It's the context of a photograph, How they are poised.

Deadcuties avatar Deadcutie Yeah You Are 0Reply