+23

Freedom in the Free Country is truly being limited by stupid reasons, huh?

Orangiess avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
0 15

Looked at the comments to see people's perspectives, found an argument.

Looking at this post, I'd be much more concerned by the limitations of education in the free country in question ... wherever that might be.

@TommyUK1234 Looking at this post, I'd be much more concerned by the limitations of education in the free country in...

I'm referring to America, which is nicknamed the Free Country.

Education is decent, but I was talking about human rights and equality, as well as freedom of speech and such.

@Orangies I'm referring to America, which is nicknamed the Free Country. Education is decent, but I was talking about human...

I'm referring to your poor grammar and sloppy sentence structure in the post. I'm fully aware of what you were talking about, it was an amusing jibe...which you clearly didn't get. Also, it's "the land of the free" not the "free country". it might be called the free country in parts of america (although none of my american friends ever call it that), but nowhere i've ever been have I ever heard people calling it "the free country".

@TommyUK1234 I'm referring to your poor grammar and sloppy sentence structure in the post. I'm fully aware of what you were...

I am aware of my incorrect grammar, thanks for pointing out that obvious mistake. Also, just because I call it the way I do, does that have anything to do with the post?

I have a different way of speaking, so what? Don't tell me you disagreed just because of that...

@Orangies I am aware of my incorrect grammar, thanks for pointing out that obvious mistake. Also, just because I call it the...

I'd say part of my disagreement was with the woeful inadequacy of expression. How can you expect anyone agree to an intelligible statement? The first half of the battle of getting people onside is to convey the idea in a way they can understand in the first place.

@TommyUK1234 I'd say part of my disagreement was with the woeful inadequacy of expression. How can you expect anyone agree to an...

When your computer freezes everytime you type more than five words, you find yourself becoming especially impatient. Expressing your idea thoroughly is the last thing on your mind.

It doesn't help when it's 3 AM, you're tired, dealing with an idiot online, and the neighbours don't shut the hell up.

As of what happens almost every day. Sorry I didn't express my point that well.

If you want, I could make a re-post.

Now, this last line is intended to provoke your nerves.

Did I express myself well enough to meet your standards?

@Orangies When your computer freezes everytime you type more than five words, you find yourself becoming especially...

and you'd expect anyone to know any of this how? what's with the attitude? if you weren't so patronising towards me in your first response to my jesting initial jibe, i may not have responded with so much fire.

i'm using a 2008 macbook in rural squalor, and i live next to a dog kennels - we all got problems.

@TommyUK1234 and you'd expect anyone to know any of this how? what's with the attitude? if you weren't so patronising towards me...

Exactly my point. You did not know what happened, so what exactly gives you reason to judge me?

It really bothers me when people call my defense an attitude. I was acting my usual self. Really, all I'm even doing is being a smartass.

Also, my first response wasn't with attitude either. How did you come up with that? I answered your question and explained my reasoning, that was all. You're really not making any sense right now... I mean, you were the one who disagreed with my post just because I had bad grammar.

@Orangies Exactly my point. You did not know what happened, so what exactly gives you reason to judge me? It really bothers...

actually i disagreed with it because i think you're totally wrong. and i think it's a bit much for you to assume that i'd be so petty as to actually disagree entirely on the basis of grammar. that's sad.

with what's going on in countries like russia right now, how bad do you really think any situation in america really is?

one or two words doesn't always make that big of a difference

you said
"How can you expect anyone agree to an intelligible statement? "

why wouldn't it be easy to agree to an intelligible post if you really agreed with the idea?

intelligible posts are clear and understandable

you also said
"The first half of the battle of getting people onside is to convey the idea in a way they can understand in the first place."

that seems contradictory

plus
if someone didn't understand the way an idea is conveyed
wouldn't they ask for clarification
instead of disagreeing partially based on sentence structure?

@fuzala one or two words doesn't always make that big of a difference you said "How can you expect anyone agree to an...

yes, <facepalm> autocorrect attacked me there by removing my "un", but anyway, the initial comment was made more in jest than anything. i'm surprised you take such issue, since i thought you knew me better, fuzala.

and also, my heated up follow up responses were in turn in response to the OPs blatantly patronising comments towards myself, talking to me like i didn't grasp the point. its a pet peeve of mine.

@TommyUK1234 yes, <facepalm> autocorrect attacked me there by removing my "un", but anyway, the initial comment was made more in...

yeah
that makes much more sense

I thought I was losing it and had to look up intelligible to make sure I knew what I was talking about wary smilie

I figured out that it was a friendly jibe

I was speaking more towards the follow up responses

I honestly think that it was a misunderstanding between the two of you

I don't think Jackie had any intention of being patronizing

I think she can clarify