+3

Someone who uses a bad knee as an excuse not to be an athlete, yet wants to be a Marine, clearly does not know too much about the athletic ability of a Marine. Amirite?

Basunos avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
0 18
The voters have decided that Basuno is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

wanna talk about the story behind this?

welcome back
by the way

Someone missed me??

Maybe if this gets a little more discussion I'll bring up the backstory.

Basunos avatar Basuno Yeah You Are 0Reply
@fuzala are you the main character in this story?

In such a way that I am informing someone else that their bad knee is no excuse to not be athletic if they think they want to be a marine.

@Basuno In such a way that I am informing someone else that their bad knee is no excuse to not be athletic if they think...

what sport is this?

It might depend on the sport
or it might depend on the knee

although
I don't know too much about sports

@fuzala what sport is this? It might depend on the sport or it might depend on the knee although I don't know too...

I believe this is one of the areas in which "it depends" is not valid. If one's knee is too bad to be an athlete, one's knee is almost certainly too bad to be in the Marine Corps. Training for the USMC is regarded as the toughest of all American military forces.

Mike_Hawks avatar Mike_Hawk Yeah You Are +1Reply

How bad is their knee?

@Watchful_questioneer How bad is their knee?

Bad enough to require him surgery and a year of physical therapy.

@Basuno Bad enough to require him surgery and a year of physical therapy.

Well,I can't really say much on the subject considering my lack of knowledge about the Marines, but it seems to me that it would heavily depend on the person and their recovery, as well as what sport exactly is being discussed for being an athlete (you mean just being active over all, or being a professional?)

Well..you can "want" to be a marine, but you won't be successful if you are not athletic or if you have a bad knee... so

My friend wants to be a marine, as has planned out his entire life from now on on this. However last year he suffered a knee injury that required extensive surgery and therapy, rendering him unable to participate in high school sports (particularly football). I tried to explain to him that he would either be whipped into shape by the Marines, or fail because of his disability. He refuses to listen.

@Basuno My friend wants to be a marine, as has planned out his entire life from now on on this. However last year he...

I assume that he believes he will heal in time for the Marines

or at the least
he thinks his knee will improve enough