+24

Only trust people who have strong pinkies. They've never broken a promise.

Image for post Only trust people who have strong pinkies. They've never broken a promise.
Jokes & Humour
1 8

So if you break a pinky promise then it breaks your actual finger too? I don't get it.

qwerty123s avatar qwerty123 Disagree +2Reply
@Orangies It's a metaphor... Don't be so touchy.

I'm not being touchy, the metaphor honestly doesn't make sense.

@qwerty123 I'm not being touchy, the metaphor honestly doesn't make sense.

It means to trust people can actually be trusted. People who've never broken a promise.

OP relates that to pinky promises, saying that you should only trust someone with a strong pinky. A strong pinky being the trustworthiness.

At least, that's how I picture it.

@Orangies It means to trust people can actually be trusted. People who've never broken a promise. OP relates that to pinky...

I kinda get the gist of it, but why does the strength of the pinky have anything to do with the trustworthiness of the person making the promise?

qwerty123s avatar qwerty123 Disagree +1Reply
@qwerty123 I kinda get the gist of it, but why does the strength of the pinky have anything to do with the trustworthiness of...

... Didn't I just explain that?

It's like saying 'the stronger the pinky, the more trust someone deserves'.

i was like...i never done a pinky swear!

Hate to burst your bubble but I don't think honesty is based off a system of finger strength