-3

Political parties should be banned in the United States of America.

In George Washington's 1796 Farewell Address, President Washington warned the American people of the dangers political parties pose to the nation's government (that of the United States under the Constitution). Considering the current government's stalemate and the abilities of political parties to “divide a nation”, it seems most evident that he was right in expressing his concerns for the future of this country and for the welfare of its people.

Image for post Political parties should be banned in the United States of America.
kingjs avatar Countries & Places
1 5

and the EU

Those "old out dated geezers" weren't as shallow as many portray them to have been. They had foresight way beyond their years, and allowed for many potential problems that could or would arise. The government will never do anything to itself that will jeopardize or diminish it in any way. Many politicians are "career" politicians, and know only about living off the D.C. teet and the taxpayer's dime. Even when the nation is suffering and going without, they have no problem giving themselves raises and more perks.
The only way I see real change can ever occur at this point is through some sort of revolt or massive resistance operation. Political parties are much like unions - they served their purposes for a specific need and time. But when the needs and times change, the system and process needs to change with it. If enough people are willing to TAKE THEIR GOVERNMENTAL process back, then, and only then, can it happen.

That was one thing George Washington didn't want and then right after, what do we do? hehe smilie I just think it's unnecessary cuz now, what's even the difference? Most political groups just seem to blend together. Not necessarily the groups, but the people who are affiliated with them. I don't know anybody who's a true Republican or a true Democrat. They just pick and chose what they like of each.

@Erythromania That was one thing George Washington didn't want and then right after, what do we do? I just think it's...

And the politicians on both sides of the aisle sell all of US out each and every opportunity they have to do so!

it sounds good but I think it would lead to a bunch of shitty names that all want the same thing