+38

Sometimes it is cool to think about what your life would have been like had you been born a dog, bird, or other animal of your choosing. They seem to be more free and less pressured than we humans. Amirite?

In my mind, it is kind of like how I view babies. They are born and completely taken care OF. No responsibility, no obligations, no stress or pressure of life. Just eat, poop, pee, and sleep! My dogs get waited on by ME and their only cares in life are to eat, poop, pee, sleep, and occasionally mate if they have the opportunity. No rent, bills, job to go to, things to fix. As I watch a bird in flight, that seems to capture the kind of freedom I would enjoy having.

Image for post Sometimes it is cool to think about what your life would have been like had you been born a dog, bird, or other animal of your choosing. They seem to be more free and less pressured than we humans.    Amirite?
freespeechfreelancers avatar People & Celebrities
0 17
The voters have decided that freespeechfreelancer is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

If you're a stray dog your life is pretty much 100% suck.

@Skr3wBall If you're a stray dog your life is pretty much 100% suck.

I did think about that, and would have been picked up by animal control and then put out of my misery.

@freespeechfreelancer I did think about that, and would have been picked up by animal control and then put out of my misery.

Then your life would be, sickness to starvation to death... yeah I'd rather be a human.

@Skr3wBall Then your life would be, sickness to starvation to death... yeah I'd rather be a human.

It would have been that way ONLY in your example.....not my post or comments. And you certainly know that many humans do have exactly what you just described as/for their life. So take it however you like. My dogs and pets have always had a great life and a majority of people do care for their animals properly. But as is everything in this world, there are the assholes who don't care about anyone or anything. I can't change or fix them.

@freespeechfreelancer It would have been that way ONLY in your example.....not my post or comments. And you certainly know that many...

Well if you're a girl, all dog sex is rape so either you're kept away from guys or raped. You can't use the bathroom whenever you want, you can't eat whenever you want, some people who own dogs are dog fighters, some are just plain bad owners. But if you're lucky you'll get a super dandy owner who fits your needs. But not having a job and your only enjoyment being something to chew on or your owner, I'd rather be a human.

@Skr3wBall Well if you're a girl, all dog sex is rape so either you're kept away from guys or raped. You can't use the...

Good grief - why are you making this so difficult? I named 2 animals of MY choosing in the post - dog and bird, and then allowed the reader to CHOOSE any animal that they may personally view as free or that has it made. Why you are going the direction you are is beyond me.
All dog sex is rape? Are you for real? You have no trouble thinking how horrible a dog's life is, but you can't seem to make the connection that millions of humans have the very life you are describing for a mistreated dog! Wake up and smell the roses.

@freespeechfreelancer Good grief - why are you making this so difficult? I named 2 animals of MY choosing in the post - dog and bird, and...

Well not all human sex is forced on the other person so I can't make the connection... if every time a human had sex it was rape I couldn't even claim it as a bad thing, and humans are not sent out by owners to beat each other to death. Birds I don't even want to get started and no other animal domesticated or not sounds more appealing to me. I'm not making anything "difficult" you could've just left my comment as a comment not an open letter to discussion.

@Skr3wBall Well not all human sex is forced on the other person so I can't make the connection... if every time a human had...

And with that comment that is exactly what I will do. I generally by nature challenge, question, or respond to anything that comes across the way your first comment did. I felt you weren't even on the same planet by making such a remark, so I ran with it. And I still have no idea what you are talking about regarding dog or human sex - so I will go on about my merry little way.

@freespeechfreelancer And with that comment that is exactly what I will do. I generally by nature challenge, question, or respond to...

I think he is on the same planet in that I agree with him in many ways. I am happy to be human. There are many advantages, mostly in the thinking abilities that I wouldn't wanna trade in for getting my belly scratched. You have to understand that people will not always agree with you, but that doesn't mean that they are out of this world.

@I think he is on the same planet in that I agree with him in many ways. I am happy to be human. There are many...

Yeah I rather be... Human hehe smilie Though, being born a certain way, you wouldn't know any better about how amazing it could be to be something or someone else.

Erythromanias avatar Erythromania Yeah You Are 0Reply

Where did I ever say I was not happy being human??? My overall point and concept was: I think it would be cool to be an animal in the sense of NOT HAVING THE SAME RESPONSIBILITIES and BURDENS that come with being human. Why is that so hard to grasp?
His comments focused on mis-treated dogs and dog sex being the same as rape.
I know everyone does not have to agree with ME - and the post was NOT a true agree or disagree idea. It was more open ended to allow the reader the opportunity to picture what your life could have been like IF you had been born an animal (and I even allowed for the reader to pick their OWN animal).

@freespeechfreelancer Where did I ever say I was not happy being human??? My overall point and concept was: I think it would be cool to...

It wouldn't be that cool to be an animal. Animals have a whole different set of burdens and responsibilities.

I'd actually prefer to be a stray than a house pet.

Orangiess avatar Orangies Yeah You Are 0Reply

Honestly, it's cool to think about now that you've got me thinking about it, but the more I think about it, the more I know I'd never want to do it.

Sometimes I do think it would be better in some ways to be an animal, but when I really think about it, it wouldn't be so great. Animals in captivity aren't free; humans control pretty much every aspect of their life. And for animals in the wild, life wouldn't be very enjoyable because they have to worry about survival constantly. I can't imagine life like that would be very fun. I'm not saying humans don't have to worry about survival, too, but for many people it's not a constant struggle, at least.

I'm always jealous of my cat when he's sleeping on my bed in the sun while I drag myself to work