+3

Hyperbole literally ruins languages, amirite?

It's a fucking joke. Hyperbole << >> Literally

AppAwesomes avatar Jokes & Humour
2 3
The voters have decided that AppAwesome is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Figures of speech or the exaggeration of words already in existence in no way "ruins" anything. Some people see and think in more than black and white or straight perfect sentence structure. Minds are wired in many and varied ways - so hyperbole is actually a blessing. If I said "I could sleep for a month" or "I will wait for you forever," I have in no way "ruined" the English language. I have brought variety, spice, color, and imagination to a sometimes boring language.

@freespeechfreelancer Figures of speech or the exaggeration of words already in existence in no way "ruins" anything. Some people see and...

"It's a fucking joke. Hyperbole << >> Literally"

People get so butthurt when someone says literally for something that is not literal. It ruins it a little. Now it's a hyperbole because I say that it literally ruins it, even though it is just a little.

http://www.amirite.com/763428

AppAwesomes avatar AppAwesome Yeah You Are 0Reply
@AppAwesome "It's a fucking joke. Hyperbole << >> Literally" People get so butthurt when someone says literally for something...

I actually had that afterthought AFTER I posted my reply, but I did not see your post as a true hyperbole [at least from my understanding of what one is]. That is why I cited 2 in my reply. I could see a little exaggeration in your post, but failed to see the figure of speech.
And this is one thing that is LOST in social media - since we are all reading PRINT only, we can not SEE the person's face or hear their voice as they speak. Facial expression and voice inflection go miles when determining what someone is saying and what they mean by it. I would prefer having every single discussion in person, but since that is not possible, we make do with what we have.
And my BUTT does not hurt. I am NEVER offended when I make a post. I only respond to things and make comments. What anyone says to me or how I take it in no way makes me angry at them or thinking they are jerks.