+9

They just don't make Horror/Thriller movies like they used to, do they?

Am I the only one that would rather watch movies like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest or Poltergeist? Now, they just make movies so cliche and dumb... They're more disturbing, than actually having a proper plot.

Orangiess avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
0 7

I like psychological horror
and they've done pretty well with them

@fuzala I like psychological horror and they've done pretty well with them

I think the older movies are far better, though. They have a sense of imagination, and quality. But today it's all about ghosts and death.

Now I'm not saying old movies didn't have that, but for some reason, I just think they have better plots.

@Orangies I think the older movies are far better, though. They have a sense of imagination, and quality. But today it's all...

you said the newer ones are more disturbing

that's the thing
the more disturbing
the more you remember

it takes creativity to be that disturbing

@fuzala you said the newer ones are more disturbing that's the thing the more disturbing the more you remember it takes...

But I also said they were cliche. I've seen tons of movies that were disturbing, and all of the disturbing scenes were almost identical.

I think movies
in general
were better before

maybe I'm biased because that's the stuff I grew up with
but the content is kinda bleh now

I mean this worldwide
from movies in India
to movies in America

@fuzala I think movies in general were better before maybe I'm biased because that's the stuff I grew up with but the...

Nah, I love older movies. Especially black and white ones.

I watch lots of different films. Mexican movies, Korean movies, Japanese movies, Puerto Rican movies, Indian movies, etc. It still applies. The older something is, the better.