How do we make a societal change to provide healthy body image and self-esteem in a culture that pushes unrealistic beauty norms on youth?

I've been researching positive body image and self-esteem works and wonder if as a culture we are able to provide a realistic portrayal of what beauty is in our youth and young women? Or are we setting them up with unrealistic expectations and failure? Are we rejecting those who do not fit in those cultural beauty standards? What are your thoughts? How can we make a difference?

Image for post How do we make a societal change to provide healthy body image and self-esteem in a culture that pushes unrealistic beauty norms on youth?
Language
0 2

I think it's simple. Don't get fat, and don't get skinny, and if someone makes fun of you at a normal weight, just say "f--- 'em." Simple.