How do we jump-start the fabled overthrow of crude oil (and other fossil fuels) by renewable energy sources?

Image for post How do we jump-start the fabled overthrow of crude oil (and other fossil fuels) by renewable energy sources?
Animals & Nature
0 10
@1943706

Another advantage to deregulation would be allowing competition.

The solution is to get each individual, one by one, to reduce their dependance on oil products (which is more than just gasoline... try plastic products too) and find an alternative way to live. Good luck.

Making an impact means inconveniencing ourselves. I don't think most of society is ready for that. It's not just an over-night process. It takes time.

Electromagnetic energy. It's free and we all have it in us. We are an electromagnet. By using it then the oil companies can't make money and no one can capitalize anymore. That's why it's over looked

@Ryeguy13 Electromagnetic energy. It's free and we all have it in us. We are an electromagnet. By using it then the oil...

"No one can capitalize anymore." I assure you, that if we could harness this energy as easily as you suggest, we would do it. The people who would capitalize is everyone (according to your little theory) so it doesn't make sense why humanity would keep doing things the hard way when there's an easier way. Humanity always strives for an easier way to do things. Right now, using oil is the easiest.

@StickCaveman "No one can capitalize anymore." I assure you, that if we could harness this energy as easily as you suggest, we...

Using oil is the most profitable, rather, for big corporations invested in it. They haven't yet taken it for all it's worth so why stop yet? Why do you think the first high quality electric vehicle, the tesla, is banned from sales in some places?

Stick-caveman, it's interesting that you said that "no one can capitalize anymore." The combined market capitalization of the PFC Energy 50 at the end of 2012 was $3.5 trillion.
In a year that saw continued economic and political uncertainty around the globe, some of the biggest winners were in North America, where unconventional oil and gas production has radically changed the energy picture.“The surge in crude production from new regions has created enormous opportunities for well-placed refining and infrastructure companies in North America,” commented PFC Energy’s Chairman Robin West. “Over time, however, market fundamentals will prevail as others rush to capture these margins as well.” I beg to differ on no one is capitalizing! It's all about money and they wouldn't be in the business unless they were making or breaking their margin goals. The government already has the technology for electromagnetism energy. It's Teslas invention and is used in the HAARP program in Alaska. For those that don't know what HAARP is... The High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program.In 1992 Bush Sr funded the program and it's been a secret for sometime. They send electricity through the ionosphere and to the magnetosphere. This changes the polarity of earth. My theory is called the FE Theory. I am a scientist in Austin, Texas and I've been doing research for some time now. This is the main cause of our problems...not respecting Mother Earth! Most of you all believe it's parenting or money or something that is on the boob tube, but those are only symptoms to the root of the problem. For those in the science/research community such as myself, we all know it won't be a good outcome in the end. Electromagnetism is the key to natural free energy. In the next few years my theory will happen as I predicted and unfortunately we get to keep paying the consequences for their actions.
http://www.nasa.gov/content/god...about-to-flip/