How much more time should we devote to preventing global warming before we start thinking contingency plan?

Inspired by the 20th anniversary climate conference in Rio it occurs to me that in twenty years of talking nothing much has happened in the way of preventative measures regarding CO2 emissions and perhaps it's time to start thinking about coping with climate change as I can't see the next twenty years being much different to the last regarding global action. What action needs to be taken? Should we start moving people from low lying areas before it becomes necessary? Should we start thinking about where our farms are and where they might need to go?

Image for post How much more time should we devote to preventing global warming before we start thinking contingency plan?
Technology
0 2

I think global warming was all just a hoax to begin with in the first place, but not in the "the government's out to get us" kind of way, as in I actually have reasons, such as the size and volume of our atmosphere is so large, that in order to actually cause any significant change in temperature due to CO2 emissions, we would have to produce, thousands of times more than are right now, and we would have to chop down nearly all of our forests to keep it in the air long enough to make some kind of impact. Also the fact that we now have more trees on Earth than we did about 150 years ago, I don't possibly think we could have created the significant amount of any kind of "greenhouse gas" to both overwhelm the amount of CO2 breathers, and fill up the air enough for the heat to rise. If I'm wrong, please tell me.