Do you believe in something you can't see?

We believe electromagnetic waves exist, but we can't see them.
We see a smile, but we can't see if it is genuine or not,
We believe in the idea of freedom but cannot see it.
What else do you believe in that you cannot see?

Image for post Do you believe in something you can't see?
Science
0 23

Believing in something doesn't mean it exists, but not believing in something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Both sides have the potential to be wrong. Believing or not believing isn't a factual thing, and can't be proven during a lifetime. It's just a guess based on faith.

@BetterThanEzra1119 OP wasn' necessarily talking about or tying to start a debate on religion.

I wasn't intending to start a debate either, but I thought it seemed relevant. Religion is probably the most popular example of believing without seeing.

I believe things that have been proven. A simple scientific test could prove to those babies that mom exists, therefore being "atheist" wouldn't make sense. Prove to me, scientifically, that a God exists and I won't be an atheist anymore. Simple as that.

@I believe things that have been proven. A simple scientific test could prove to those babies that mom exists...

But that's the problem right there. If you never have an open heart, you'll never see God.

@BetterThanEzra1119 But that's the problem right there. If you never have an open heart, you'll never see God.

I've been attending church for 20 odd years, given my life to Jesus 3 times and never felt any different. God did not prove himself to me. That's why I don't believe in God.

@I kept slipping up.

Slipping up? Like in little ways or big ways?

@BetterThanEzra1119 Slipping up? Like in little ways or big ways?

I realize my questions might be a little personal. You don't have to reply to them if you don't want to, anonymous or not.

@BetterThanEzra1119 I realize my questions might be a little personal. You don't have to reply to them if you don't want to, anonymous...

No worries. I don't mind. Slipping up as in losing my faith each time. I think that's a big way.

Seeing is but one means of identifying that something exists. There are numerous ways to prove things exist and measure their existence.

@Mike_Hawk Seeing is but one means of identifying that something exists. There are numerous ways to prove things exist and...

Hmm, I feel I should add that I don't believe in things that cannot be measured in some way or another. That goes more in line with the post, rather than being pedantic and saying "Seeing isn't the only way to prove something exists".

yes. Can you see love or happiness plainly? No. Yet you know they exist because we experience them. So yes I do very much

I believe in radio frequencies.

It depends what it is.

Absolutely do.

Humans don't have all the answers. We never will. Do I believe in God? Yes. do I believe in Jesus, prayer, and the bible? yes. but I can't say 100 percent if I am right or not. I hope I am. I don't wanna just die and have it be the end

There are things that can't be seen but their effects can be seen and measured. Hence the difference between wind and God.

Faith is not a desirable quality.

When I close my eyes I can't see but I believe what was there when my eyes were open will still be there.

Anonymous