How many "bad" teachers does it take to negate a good teacher.

When I was in High school I had an English teacher who, during my junior year, convinced 7 of her students to drop out. She explained to them that since they were not going to college "they were wasting their time, and hers".

So how many of these teachers does it take to completely ruin a teachers credibility in the eyes of a student?

The good teachers gave me hope but the bad teachers made me hate the time I spent with them. What can we do to make sure children and teenagers are enthusiastic in the classroom?

Image for post How many "bad" teachers does it take to negate a good teacher.
People & Celebrities
0 1

Teachers today are regulated to the point of tears and beyond, being told what to teach and how to teach it. Their effectiveness is heavily weighted by student performance on standardized tests. We need to free teachers to use their creativity, passion, and unique gifts to spark interest in learning and subject content, recognizing that there is more than one path to an objective...