Is there room for men in the feminist agenda? How do men feel about the rise of female empowerment?

I have always considered myself to be a passionate advocate for women empowerment and gender equality. however as of late, I have begun to notice that in the fight to declare women as equals of men, we are actively participating in the demise of men. It is seems like it is much more of a competition than it is a fight for mutual respect. There are statements such as women are better leaders, or there would be no wars if women ran the world. What is also really alarming is that we seem to ignore issues faced by men (body image and media representation for example), by stating that "they just don't have it as bad as we do".

I have been castigating by my peers for pointing out flaws in the feminist agenda and demanding a re-assessment of the cause to make sure that the rise of women does not engender the downfall of men. Is is irrational to want true equality which means addressing issues faced by BOTH genders?

Image for post Is there room for men in the feminist agenda? How do men feel about the rise of female empowerment?
Politics
0 3

This completely depends on where in the world you are talking about.