Which are the 3 most important qualities of a leader?

What are the top 3 things that someone has to have in order to be followed by you?

Image for post Which are the 3 most important qualities of a leader?
Politics
0 2

Confidence. Someone unsure of him or herself is incapable of taking care of me if he or she can't handle him/herself. If there is a deprivation of the necessary confidence, he or she will have to fake it until they make it. The way someone carries him/herself speaks volume of his character, and that matters. If someone cannot act like a leader, he or she cannot be a leader.

Expertise. If someone is gonna lead me, they had better know what is going on, and they should be able to fix any problem I can cause. This is often not the case, with managers and directors and various leaders learning on the job. If a leader has little or no expertise, then he or she must respect those under him or her who do. If someone cannot achieve results, he or she cannot be a leader.

Humanity. That's not the right word, but I can't think of what is. A leader needs to care for his/her subordinates first and foremost, all the time, every time. It's different for a boss or a manager or a director, but leaders exist to help their subordinates go home happy day in and day out. Leadership is service. Anyone who does not realize cannot be a leader.

If I could add a forth it would be humility, for basically the same reasons as the third. Leadership takes sacrifice and one needs to be genuinely humble to make those sacrifices.