Do state governments sufficiently regulate fracking of natural gas?

The removal of gas from the shale layers employs a process called fracking which, as I understand it, essentialy cracks and crushes the shale layer (through explosives) thus freeing the gas, which is washed out with chemically treated salt water. The companies who do this are mostly from the West, and have moved to the fields in the East (such as, Marcellus Shale), where they expertly maneuver through ill-suited Eastern laws, pay landowners sums that seem large to poor people, and damage the land through many levels of earth, to capture the gas and make millions. I believe the States in the East are turning a blind eye to the danger and abuses and frauds because the money has been good, compared to no money. I think there should be a moratorium on fracking, pending legislative study. I would like payment of my delay rental first, though, because I likewise turn a blind eye to potential damage in exchange for dollars.

Image for post Do state governments sufficiently regulate fracking of natural gas?
Technology
0 0
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!