Do you think our current generation is a bunch of lazy and privileged bums?

Exactly what the title reads. Many people are ignorant and will say "Kids Today are a bunch of lazy privileged bums" and not even know what they are saying. I am doing an English project and my job is to disprove that statement. I am supposed to reach at least 50 people and convince one person that this statement is not true.
About 40% of all young adults ages 18 to 24 were enrolled in either a two- or four-year college in October 2008. How can we be privileged when we are plagued with high levels of student debt? The economy took a big hit from the recession and our generation is expected to pay for the mistakes of others. The average high school student is expected to pay more than 10 thousand dollars to help make the economy stable again. Given all the things we have to pay back I say we are far from privileged. That not even mentioning how hard it is to find a stable job. Our generation is forced to pay the highest gas prices ever in the United states.
The typical grade-point average in college rose to about 3.11 by the middle of the last decade, from 2.52 in the 1950s. Grades rising are proof that we are not lazy. The share of college students working full time generally grew from 1985 onward. Between 1989 and 2006, the share of teenagers who were volunteering doubled, to 26.4 percent from 13.4 percent. Volunteer work is the ultimate sign of someone not being lazy. i care about this because I am part of this generation and do not want to have any of these labels. Have I convinced any of you about this generation not being lazy? Please let me know in the comments. Last thing, if I was lazy would I have taken the time to write all this?

Image for post Do you think our current generation is a bunch of lazy and privileged bums?
Technology
0 1

Not all of us, but most of us are compared to the past generations. The work is so much lighter these days with better working environments.