Do vaccines work or are they just another money making tool in a trillion dollar industry?

There is much debate regarding vaccination; imposing on an individual's rights, questionable proof as to their effectiveness, and possible links to neurological diseases like epilepsy and autism.

Vaccines act like a type of homoeopathic remedy in the sense that the 'bug' is introduced into the body so that the autoimmune system may produce anti-bodies to protect against the 'bug'.

But, as far as I can tell, the germ theory was debated in early 1900's and disproved in the 1950's, therefore voiding all need for fighting 'bugs'.

So do vaccines actually work? What proof is there? Or is it more for big profit for big pharma?

I am open to all sides of the story!

Image for post Do vaccines work or are they just another money making tool in a trillion dollar industry?
Health, Beauty & Fitness
0 5

They definitely work

@2707339

Regarding the flu vaccine, some years they are more effective than others, I don't really bother with them, but vaccines for things like polio, measles, mumps definitely work.