Brain: The Most Feared Muscle

A while back, I started lifting weights and through my experience, I developed a theory about the brain that likens it greatly to our skeletal muscles. Although the brain is primarily comprised of grey and white matter, it's hard not to relate the "pain" experienced in the brain when learning a new concept to the "pain" experienced when repeatedly lifting a weight. I decided to do a little research on this concept and discovered that it was already a working theory (once again proving that I'm not the first to come up with a good idea.)
I wanted to go a step further on the psychological path of this theory, however; by delving into a new trend that seemingly excuses people from thinking. Have you ever heard someone pause in the middle of an attempt at comprehension and complain that his or her head hurts too badly to continue? I've hypothesized that if learning something new is making my head hurt, then that must mean I'm absorbing the information on a more comprehensive level. There's a certain commitment involved in retraining your brain to crave this "pain" rather than to fear it.
As a whole, civilization is teetering on the brink of a mental collapse. We absorb information differently when we don't critically analyze our surroundings. We can all stare at a screen, but the question is "What are we looking at?" Are we seeing what's really there, or just what someone else wants us to see? How differently do we all interpret the same messages?

Image for post Brain: The Most Feared Muscle
Animals & Nature
0 0
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!