+39

It's weird to think that Spongebob has to be at least 20 years old to be working, trying to get a driver's/boating license and own his own home, amirite?

Skr3wBalls avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
0 11
The voters have decided that Skr3wBall is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Fun fact:

starfish don't have brains
so maybe that's why they made him (Patrick)...
well the way he is

he turned 27 a few days ago

he was born July 14
1986

SpongeBob is pretty responsible in a lot of ways
he has a job
he does his best for it
despite horrible pay
he takes care of his pet
he lives on his own
pays his bills

and he's kind too
(not that that has to do with age
just something I noticed)

I think what makes him seem young is his innocence

I wouldn't say that his annoying habits make him seem like a kid since plenty of adults have those habits

@fuzala he turned 27 a few days ago he was born July 14 1986 SpongeBob is pretty responsible in a lot of ways he has a...

No he isn't, the episode with his driver's license doesn't mean much since that would mean he was 13 when he got his job, and first attempted to get his license. Plus he'd have to own a house before being thirteen since he probably didn't get his house the same day as 'Help Wanted'. He doesn't have a specific age.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Skr3wBall No he isn't, the episode with his driver's license doesn't mean much since that would mean he was 13 when he got...

my bad

it seems like he could've gotten a job beforehand (b4 13) because he is a sponge after all

sponges mature faster -nods-

I don't really find it that impressive that he owns his own home. Because it's a pineapple, he doesn't pay rent on it, and probably didn't even have to pay for it.

I can't believe that I'm talking about the rules of living inside a fruit hehe smilie

Sponges have longer life spans than people so he'd likely mature more slowly than a human

@rowanne Sponges have longer life spans than people so he'd likely mature more slowly than a human

he's like a dishwasher sponge though

he looks more like this

and not much like this

@fuzala he's like a dishwasher sponge though he looks more like...

He's a sea sponge alright. His design though is indeed kitchen sponge-esque.

@Skr3wBall He's a sea sponge alright. His design though is indeed kitchen sponge-esque.

I saw an episode where a human hand used him to clean a dish and then the toilet

so I'd argue that he is kitchen sponge-esque

because SpongeBob in real life (in and out of animation) is a household sponge

@fuzala I saw an episode where a human hand used him to clean a dish and then the toilet so I'd argue that he is kitchen...

Yeah I remember him getting the suds. But Patrick was used for the same thing so that doesn't mean a whole lot. He's totally kitchen sponge-esque, but he is a sea sponge.

@Skr3wBall Yeah I remember him getting the suds. But Patrick was used for the same thing so that doesn't mean a whole lot...

Patrick looks like a starfish in and out

same thing with SpongeBob
didn't some people drop him from their boat or something?
and that's how he ended up in the sea

if you go back to the suds episode
going outside of animation
Mr. SquarePants had the exact appearance of a household item

but Patrick had the exact appearance of a starfish