+49

Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.

Myvis avatar Relationships
1 17

Work to eliminate what you hate.

Bashing does nothing except give you ulcers and make you look ineffective.

What's the point of bashing if you dont do anything about it yourself. Promoting what we love and improving ourselves in it would make ourselves feel better and be happy with ourselves but also at the same time help others discover what they love. Maybe it isnt what we love but it could pave the way for them to find what they also love.

Do both.

@freespeechfreelancer Do both.

oooor...just do as the post says.

"Please, I beg you, stop noticing the differences and start celebrating the similarities." ~Mr. Z (aka VicZinc)

Interestingly, so far, the down-voters are the same people who

• express ultra conservative political views
  • identify their religion as "other"

Just an observation, I'll check back in a few days to see if it is a trend. Glory!

@Interestingly, so far, the down-voters are the same people who express ultra conservative political views -...

I don't see the difference between downvoting a post and a comment. Both show disagreement with what is being posted.

@I don't see the difference between downvoting a post and a comment. Both show disagreement with what is being posted.

If you vote-down a comment by someone who disagrees with the post, then you are agreeing with the post. Or you can disagree with the "reason" the person disagreed with the post, even if you agree to disagree but for an another reason. Hoshana!

The down voting on here is becoming ridiculous. People are using it as a way of "bullying" others. I DON'T down vote, and see no point or purpose for it. If you disagree with the post and then state comments, there is no need to down vote. That is just like double jeopardy. Then add the people who like to run around as invisible know it alls and post anonymously AND down vote so nobody knows who is up to their little dirty work. As far as I am concerned, down voting is extremely childish and does not require any thought or effort on the part of those doing it.

@1934670

It does seem like about 30 doesn't it?

@freespeechfreelancer The down voting on here is becoming ridiculous. People are using it as a way of "bullying" others. I DON'T down...

Sorry, by down vote I meant disagree with OP. I see what you mean about voting-down comments. Those who do that anonymously are bad, but doing it publicly seems ok. Hallelujah!

You shouldn't bother with whether someone "down" or "ups" your comments/posts. As long as you are confident about your post/comment then who cares. :)

actually, bashing what we hate helps us have a sense of control. it helps our self esteem, and thus our performance. so, i say do all the bashing you can!