Why doesn't my stuff last?

As I understand the value of products that I own does not represent the cost at which the manufacturing of that product affects the environment and depletes the finite resources used in its making. For the purpose of this question the pricing at which a product could be valued, if its impacts are taken into account can be known as the 'true' cost.

If this 'true cost' was implemented in government regulations upon the private sector it would change society drastically, manufacturers would have incentive to produce more durable items and consumers would consume less.

Given the current state of the environment this problem is one that I believe needs addressing urgently. I've given it some thought and have come up with some potential ramifications of introducing such a thing into society as it is . It would be great to hear any thoughts you have on the matter.

Image for post Why doesn't my stuff last?
kingjs avatar Life
0 0
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!