+74

Quotes like this have a very contradictory message. On the one hand, it says it doesn't matter what you look like. But on the other hand, it gives and perpetuates the idea that skinnier is better. Amirite?

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/76581_408818412561636_4247211_n.jpg
Frank_n_Furters avatar People & Celebrities
3 7
The voters have decided that Frank_n_Furter is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Being attracted to your significant other is healthy and probably what differentiates them from a good friend and a boy/girl-friend. What you find attractive is purely opinion, but I'd just like to say that when people say it doesn't matter what is on the outside; It is somewhat a lie.

@Jonesy Being attracted to your significant other is healthy and probably what differentiates them from a good friend and a...

It only matters if you let it matter. When people overcome their media driven obsession with external beauty, it ceases to matter. The one good thing about a burqa is that it makes it so that the "outside" does not matter at all.

Only for people who judge others by their physical appearance.

@VicZinc Only for people who judge others by their physical appearance.

There is no only "these type of people" who do this, no separation, it's everyone. You're not going to convince me all judging is bad because some judging is bad.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Frank_n_Furter There is no only "these type of people" who do this, no separation, it's everyone. You're not going to convince me...

I don't want to convince you of anything. I am just pointing out another consequent of judging people by their "physical appearance". And yes everyone does it. That doesn't mean it is good or wise to do it.

I have never thought about it that way

ralphyanniss avatar ralphyannis Yeah You Are 0Reply