If you could hang out/talk for 30 or 60 minutes with anyone living, who and why? What about anyone who has ever lived?

My answer to both questions would be Bill Armstrong (usually called Billie Joe), leader of rock band Green Day, because he seems interesting and fun. What about you?

Image for post If you could hang out/talk for 30 or 60 minutes with anyone living, who and why? What about anyone who has ever lived?
Topicss avatar Jokes & Humour
0 10

Probably Brian Hugh Warner. He's extremely intelligent but not a cocky asshole about it. And he's artistic. I want to swim in his thoughts- but talking to him would be the next best thing.

Heath Ledger of course, or Tim Burton. Either would be really interesting to talk to I find.

Lee Harvey Oswald... Find out once and for all what really happened on 11/22/63 (this is assuming he had to be honest)

I have way too much anxiety to meet almost anyone. Nobody I look up to seems to have the type of personality I'd be able to easily get along with, and there's no way I'd be able to think of any worthwhile questions to ask.

I'd have to go with my best friend. I'm kinda in love with her and she lives on the opposite side of the planet. That sucks. It'd be incredible to meet her, even if it was for such a short amount of time, and even if I spent most of that time too nervous to make eye contact or speak. I don't know what we would do or talk about. I do know that no matter what, my face would hurt at the end of the allotted time because I wouldn't be able to stop smiling.

@Mike_Hawk I have way too much anxiety to meet almost anyone. Nobody I look up to seems to have the type of personality I'd be...

If I did some how meet somebody that I'd like to meet, I would most likely run away panicking and giggling.

if you don't mind me asking

what nation?

and how did you find out about your best friend's existence?
I ask because you said opposite side of the planet

@fuzala if you don't mind me asking what nation? and how did you find out about your best friend's existence? I ask...

She lives in Australia.

I found out about her on Amirite. Waaaaaaay back in the site's old days, a group formed. The group was called LAPDANCE, and it was an acronym. I forget what it stood for, but it was something about liberals and the eradication of conservatism. Anyway, I thought a few of the members were funny and intelligent, so I asked to join. I made it in. She was in it, so she sent me a message welcoming me and we talked for a bit. Then I somehow found her formspring where there was a picture of her, and I was like "Oh my God, this girl is incredibly gorgeous, I need to talk to her more". Then one day she happened to be in chat at the same time as me, and we started talking even more.

Then a whole bunch of events lined up and I fell in love with her and she's my best friend.

If anyone remembers anything about that group or is familiar with the Australian users, they know EXACTLY who it is. It's not like I've been super shy about talking about it, either.

I'd feel much calmer typing than actually talking face to face

plus
famous/infamous people make me nervous

even if it's someone not even that well known

like the time I met the mayor
and that guy from PBS kids

and when I was in high school
there was a girl who went to my school
who was a regular on a PBS kids show

If it was a dead person I could pick i would choose leonardo da vinci

I like that picture.