How do you know when it's time to stop following a dream and find another?

No one wants to be a quitter, but it also takes a lot of character to acknowledge that your capabilities will only take you so far.

When I was 10, I dreamed of being an olympic gymnast but I later realized that it was too late to build enough talent and strength to compete (esp. since I didn't have Superman genes). I've gone through a graduate program and 4 years of work experience that have given me professional stability in a career path that interests me but doesn't ignite my passion... should I throw in the towel, start over and say the past 4 years and grad school were just a bad investment, or just be content with my success and stability and refocus my energy on personal hobbies?

Tenacity is such a great asset, but sometimes we must accept that some things really are out of our reach. Everyone is talented in their own ways, but not everyone can be an olympian, president or a billionaire... how do you know when a dream is just a dream?

Image for post How do you know when it's time to stop following a dream and find another?
kingjs avatar Life
0 0
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!