If I was to look up, would I be looking at light from the past? If i was to travel there and look at earth would i be looking in the past?

Sort of like a paradox question that questions the perception of time. Every human interpenetrates time differently but measures it the same around the world. We use the Gregorian Calender and it is widely excepted that there are 365 days in a year and 24 hours in a day and so on. If I was to look up I would be looking into the past because it takes so long for light to reach earth. So if i was to look at earth from a far star or planet, would i be looking into the past? And yes it does make it a different question depending on how fast you travel to that far star or planet.

Image for post If I was to look up, would I be looking at light from the past? If i was to travel there and look at earth would i be looking in the past?
kingjs avatar Science
1 0
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!