Does anyone have any ideas about teaching sex education to children with Autism and other like disabilities at home and in the classroom?

How and when do we teach sex education, personal safety to children who have autism and other mental disabilities who are before or at the age of puberty and who may displaying inappropriate behaviors in a public and/or a school setting etc. Does anyone know of any curriculum for schools, training for teachers or resources/programs for parents such as myself to help teach our autistic children personal responsibility, safety and respect for themselves and others? If not does anyone have any ideas? The only idea I have is to ask the question. What can we do to keep these children such as my 12 year old son from becoming labeled as offenders by an intolerant and uninformed society and court system ? Where do we start?

Image for post Does anyone have any ideas about teaching sex education to children with Autism and other like disabilities at home and in the classroom?
bobbobs avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
0 0
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!