Magnetizing Mars. Is This How We Could Do it?

As many of you know, mars has no magnetic field and thus has a very thin and toxic atmosphere because of constant solar wind. If we ever hope to inhabit Mars, we HAVE TO magnetize it. I don't know if anyone else has come up with what I'm about to propose, but I didn't steal this idea. Mars has an iron core, so, in theory, you could magnetize the core of mars like a bar magnet. How I think you could do this is by drilling to the core of the planet on both poles. Then you construct colossal electromagnets and expose the core to a powerful magnetic fields, then, you zap the iron core with thousand's of kilowatts of electricity. Doing this, as far as I'm concerned, would magnetize the core of the planet with out heating it up. The resulting magnetic field would also be much stronger than a normal planets field since high temperature isn't involved. Please, tell me what you think.

Image for post Magnetizing Mars. Is This How We Could Do it?
lawyers avatar Technology
0 0
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!