What has, or would have, helped you to learn better?

There are so many educational paradigms – industrial, constructivist, instructivist, technological to name a few. All defined by a set of characteristics, designed to encourage the process of learning.

I want to remove the labels, take learning out of a box and simply find out what real experiences have helped you to learn better, or would have helped you. I will give an example, I always hated English at school, I was OK at it but it bored me. Then one year I got a teacher who was so passionate about the study of English that I just sort of caught her bug, well at least for the time she was my teacher. I learned more in 1 year in her class (I was fortunate to get her 3 years straight) than the rest of my schooling years put together. So I would conclude that an inspiring, passionate teacher enhances the learning process now and into the future – for me at least.

If you think about it we are all experts – we have all either taught something or someone and we have all been taught by someone. I just want to know what things happened to make you learn successfully or what things would have helped you better.

Image for post What has, or would have, helped you to learn better?
funkyhomosapiens avatar Books
0 0
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!