What does "intimidating" connotate? Is it a good or bad thing to be called intimidating?

doing an internet search turns up 2 very opposed ways of looking at this term, so I am interested it what it means to you -- is it a trait we ought to suppress or change or is it a trait we ought to encourage in ourselves? I think the starting point it to know what is connates to others. I hear " He/She is SO intimidating" and it's said with admiration due to status of power or wealth, or just confidence. Then other times it seems to evoke fear. As in police officers,laywers, or others in authority. Especially for women though, it seems we respect other women who are "intimidating" yet for men less so, is it a gender related answer too?

Image for post What does "intimidating" connotate? Is it a good or bad thing to be called intimidating?
Topicss avatar Religion
0 2
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!