Where can I get affordable, healthy, and good food for my school's lunches?

So if you have any ideas or specifics for cheap, healthy, and good food I'd love to hear them. Maybe you could even link to a website that can help me. Thank's in advanced for your help!

Image for post Where can I get affordable, healthy, and good food for my school's lunches?
Topicss avatar Food & Drink
0 3

Are you asking where you can buy healthy food, or for recipes? If it's the former, you can try the farmer's market or discount grocery stores. I don't know if you have a Trader Joe's in your area, but that's also a good store for healthy food at a decent price.

For recipes, if you Google school lunch recipes, quite a lot of helpful sites come up, like this one: http://www.foodnetwork.com/back...age/index.html

We don't have a Trader Joes or Whole Foods where I live, and the closest thing we have, Fresh Market, is way too expensive. What I usually do is go to Kroger and get as many basic ingredients as I can, esp fresh fruits and vegetables, and base my meals off of that. If I can feasibly make something at home versus buying it in a store, I usually do, for less money and little to no added sodium, fat, artificial ingredients, etc. and for things I can't make at home I try to go all natural (there's bound to be a clearance/markdown section in whatever store you go to)